Based on Government guidelines and Swim Wales guidance, the following will be enforced immediately by the club:-
Signs and Symptoms
The following symptoms (mild or severe) may develop in the 14 days after exposure to someone who has COVID-19 infection:
- difficulty in breathing
- fever / high temperature
What you can do – Precautions to prevent spread of infection
There are 2 main routes by which people can spread COVID-19:
- Infection can be spread to people who are nearby (within 2 metres) similar to cold and flu viruses.
- It is also possible that someone may become infected by touching a surface, object or the hand of an infected person that has been contaminated with respiratory secretions and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes (such as touching doorknob or shaking hands then touching own face).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crook of your elbow (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Follow Catch it, Bin it, Kill it.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water often and make sure your hands are dried completely – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available, particularly prior to eating.
- Try to avoid close contact with people (min distance 2m).
- Do not share drinks bottles.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of high temperature or a new and continuous cough, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- If you have travelled from any overseas countries – please self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you have any personal circumstance that put you at higher risk, please notify your head coach/committee.
We are in constant talks with the leisure centre and the governing body on any updates to this advice. Any future update will be posted in the clubs Website, Facebook page and Team App.
The club advises to drop off and pick up children and not enter the leisure centre. Please ensure your child has access to a mobile phone.
On Behalf of the Committee
Heads of the Valleys Swimming Club